Thursday, February 12, 2004

What do those Waky-Mormons believe?

I have been asked to give a 5 point outline. Well, I realize Islam has the 5 basic beliefs or pillars, Mormons have a 13 point declaration of beliefs called The Articles of Faith. For more info go to LDS. org (sorry, I don't know how to hyper link.)

Let's start out with the proper name of the church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Mormon is only a nickname tacked on to us bacasue we have additional scripture (in addition to the Bible) called The Book of Mormon.

Now on to my 5 Pillars of Mormonism by DaMomma

1: The nature of God
This is one of the most missunderstood and controversial doctrines of my faith. We believe that God the Heavenly Father, aka Elohim, is the literal father of our spirits. We are his spirit children and if we live lives of obedience, faith, repentance, sacrifice and service we will be ressurected, receive perfect eternal bodies (of the same quality that God and Christ have) and we will joint heirs (co-inhertors) with The Father and Jesus Christ in all his power, kingdoms, etc. We have the possibility of becoming like our Father, God.

2: The Role of Jesus Christ
Christ is the oldest of all God's spirit children. He was perfect from the beginning (unlike us who are currently working towards perfection) and He is our elder spirit brother. He, working under the direction and planning of God, created the physical universe (copying it after the spiritual universe created by the Father). He is God's administrator on this earth. His pre-mortal name is Jehovah. He is the Savior of all mankind. He is the perfect example for us to follow. He is a resurected being with perfect eternal body. He is the head of the chruch which has his name and he leads it throug revelation through his chosen prophets.

Sorry to cut this short, but now son #2 is on his way over and I gotta get ready to meet him before I go to work. I'll post this much so I don't lose it in the save process like I did to a previous attempt. I'll be back to finish this, hopefully later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home