Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Dear Bloggers,

Bear with me... I've been trying to get into my blog for 10 minutes, determined to write an update, but now the family is up and about, general confusion reigns...

Well, first of all I want to thank you for your interest and comments on "My Side of the Story". I hope if any of you have questions about the Mormon faith, you will visit lds.org. This week I'm reading a great book about Mormonism, called "The Mormon Faith: A New Look at Christianity" By Robert Millet, Shadow Mountain Publisher.

Next: Welcome Li'll Gray Crayon back to Blogsitan and it seems from her blog that she has made a New Year's resolution to write a daily blog. Great idea... can I try it too? Today will be my first attempt and it will be an "e" for effort, but not much for quality work.

Here are today's unedited ramblings:

1. Peeps are back in the store and I bought one pack and made a pact to myself that this would be my only pack. Peeps are those wonderfully sugary marshmallow birds that are nothing but pure sugar and childhood memories spun together. Peeps make me happy, just looking at them. I plan to walk down the candy isle whenever I'm out shopping just so I can enjoy their bright yellow and hot pink happiness.

2. I came home from work the other day to discover a strange looking blue box attatched to the front doorknob of the apartment building. I called my sons out to check it out and our first guess was that the CIA is monitoring our movements. Our next guess was our new neighbor is under house arrest.

The second guess is right. What a way to make your presence known to the neighbors. My younger son went to meet him, he's a engineer with a drug arrest. I knew the neighborhood was going to the drug dealers... Well he probably moved in here so he can just lean out his window and get delivery service from one of our many 24 hour-full service drug dealers hanging out on every corner. I live in a suburban ghetto. When my son asks me to join him for an after dinner walk, I tell him I'm not up to SO much exercise what with running from the drug dealers and/or the cops. The weirdest thing of all is I live next door to a police station. It's not "dark under the sun" here... these men patrol the neighborhood and respond to every call quickly and with a ridiculous amount of squad cars. You would think that drug dealers would choose less policed areas, but no, maybe they like the challenge. You figure it out....

Now, I gotta go. Have a great day one and all

Thought for the day:

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere it's setting.
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness.
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!

William Wordsworth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home