Sunday, July 25, 2004

What's wrong with these boys?

Boys on diets!!!

It's like space aliens have sucked out their brains and left the zombie-like bodies behind.  Who ever heard of teenage boys on diets, but it's true.  My 19 year old son, Zaman and his friend Oleg are both "watching what they eat".  That expression used to mean, "watch the food disappear!" but they are both serious about loosing weight.  That means all the boy-friendly junk food we bought last week after they returned from a week trekking, has turned into Me-friendly food.  Yep, it's all disappearing into daMomma. 

I tried to leave it for them, really I did.  But there is a statute of limitations on junk food, say about 24 hours, tops.  Then it becomes public domain and it's anyone's grab.  I did have the courtesy to offer the last three Oreos to Oleg, he declined and VOOT... they were gone.  Now I'm going through a multi pack of local Oreo-taste-a-likes called Rite, pretty darn good, in my professional opinion.  The Tuc crackers have all gone the way of the world, a short life of glory on the lips followed by an eternity on the hips. 

Well, I'm the self-sacrificing sort of momma, so if they won't eat this junk, I can't let it go to waste. 

The boys did finally join the gym this week.  There's nothing like a hearty workout to justify a hearty junkout.  There may be hope for them yet. 
************************************************************************************

Weird:  You-Could-Only-Read-It-In-A-Pakistani-Newspaper Article
A letter to the editor from a doctor, states that a girl died from drinking cola from an unwashed can which was tainted with residual rat urine!  Now I truely believe him that the tops of soda cans are dirty things, but if trace amounts of rat urine were truely fatal, than humanity would be extint and rats would be the dominate species.   It all smacks of Urban Legion to me.  Any thoughts Dear Bloggers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home