Thursday, March 11, 2004

Well, Spring has a head cold!

The past couple of days have been blustery and cold, but today was even worse. It's supposed to hit 15f tonight. That's below freezing! I hope our spring flowers that are peeking out of the ground have anti-freeze in their veins. I'm switching back to my winter coat tomorrow.

Here is a great quote I got from the Robert Millet book I read last week. He's quoting from C.S. Lewis, a well known Christian theologian. "People everywhere seek to invent some sort of happiness for themselves outside of God, apart from God. And out of that hopeless attempt has come nearly all that we call human history- money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery- the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.

"The reason why it can never succeed is this. God made us: invented us as a man invents an engine. A car is made to run on gasoline, and it would not run properly on anything else. Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other. That is why it is just no good asking God to make up happy in our own way without bothering about religion. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."

Isn't that a great quote? There's a radio advert for a counseling clinic that says that depression and suicide both are greatest in the riches suburbs of any city. It's like the people who have worked hard for money to fill their lives, find they can't get enough. The more they get, the greater the hole feels. There's a song on the radio that I really like with lyrics, "There's a God shaped hole in all of us." So my advice to you is to fill your soul with the God-food made just for you.
Anyway, that's my Momma wisdom for the day.

Peeps alert: I have done a great sin. I bought a multipack of Peeps and have been trying to eat them slowly and make them last... They have gone stale!!! Horror of horrors: Tough and chewy Peeps!!! It just goes to show you that the little buggers are made to sucked down enmass the day you buy them. No more stale Peeps for me, I've seen the light.

Have a great day, Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home