Monday, October 10, 2005

This comment from Faramin has prompted me to post some good charity orginizations for those who want to donate to the earthquake victims. Cash is the best and fastest way to help, but please be careful where you donate. You want your hard earned donation to go to help the devestated, not to line the pocket of some tribal lord, corrupt official or professional con artist.

"Instead of just praying, please give some information as how people can help. I've been looking into many South Asian blogs to get some information to pass on to the readers in my blog, but yet to find any useful information. Evereybody is just praying."
Faramin

I hate to mention this, but I would be remiss if I didn't: Please remember that Pakistan is rated as the 3rd top most corrupt country in the world. Corruption pervades every aspect of society. Therefore, if you donate goods or cash, please do so ONLY to a internationally recognized charity Red Crescent, Oxfam, Mercy Corps, Ehidi Foundation are all good sources and have web sites to guide you in your desire to help.

As for me and my family, we will hold off our charity till we hear from our workers living in the Kashmir area. Then we will try to collect enough money to rebuild their homes for them if needed. We can do that because my husband will be there to personally oversee the project and make sure the houses really materialize and the project is completed within budget.

Pakistan Red Crescent Society
National Headquarters
H-8, Islamabad, Pakistan
Ph: +92-51-9250404-5
Fax: +92-51-9250408
E-mail: hilal@isb.comsats.net.p
http://www.prcs.org.pk/


Oxfam
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what_we_do/emergencies/country/asian_quake/index.htm

Mercy Corps
http://www.mercyvolunteers.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home