Sunday, July 16, 2006

Carol the Sand Crab

Last week I was horrified to discover that my blog tag boards have been overwhelmed by nasty people proposing nasty things. Wow, nothing is safe in this day and age of mass corruption. So... I called AbezTech Support and got the offending comments removed and vowed to keep my blog looking alive. A lame weekly entry is my punny goal, so here I go.

I'm sitting in my local internet cafe. It's early afternoon. I just returned from a wonderful afternoon at the beach. Sun and sand, enough for everyone. Instead of stopping at the house for a quick shower, I dived right into the cafe to check my mail. I still have sand in every bodily crevice, my hair is standing straight up in a sandy mohawk. My face is covered with a fine layer of sand. I'm hoping it gives me a porceline effect like Monet(?) used to seek in his models, but lets face it... that's just wishful thinking. I'm lucky if they don't kick me and my sandy butt outta here.

I do love living near the ocean. The locals consider the evening as prime beach time so in the heat of the noonday Arabian sun, the beach is all mine! The expression "Mad dogs and Englishmen" always comes to mind, but since I'm not British, I must be a mad dog. ark ark. I do have a lovely tan to show for my efforts. Even though the temps hit 40, the beach is breazy. The water and waves and wind are always relaxing and envigorating at the same time. I don't believe in all that horiscope crap but I am a water sign and it's obvious.

Carol the Sand Crab; signing out.

6 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Amira said...

Welcome back! I like the new look. I'd love to live near the ocean someday.

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol! I found you through your other blog (couldn't leave comments - don't have a Blogger account and no desire to get one), and was tickled pink to discover that I'm not, well, quite as odd as I thought I was... I'm also an LDS woman married to a Muslim man...

I'm enjoying your blog. :)

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeee...!!!

Those spammers are good for something after all!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Oh, you people are too kind. Glad you were all lurking around to discover my return to blogging.
Hi, Amira. How's summer in your neck of the woods?

Laurie, I'm looking forward to following your link. Amira's LDS too.

Soooophy!!! So good to see you back. Thanks for the laugh about the series V and the mice. I watch very little TV, but I did see enough of that series to have a good laugh out loud.

KNICQ: I don't know about that... Unless you consider second rate blogging with no redeeming value something good.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got another blog now, that's a whole lot more fun that the far and phew one where I am V... it's where I let myself go and be utterly silly. Come and visit (and bring friends and family!!), many hugs... V, previously Sophy, now Thyme!!!! (lol!)

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
Costco com services auto and home insurance Filter spam yahoo messengerr domestic manufacturers of plastic bags and backpacks kaspersky antispam - key patanol free gift antispam spam blocker Adware filters free spam spam filter outlook information Fire alarm for hearing impaired bata spam blocker Provigil executive function fosi norton antispam Quiet coleman garage heater discount anti spam filter for incredimail kia dealerships F355 floor mats Combining allegra and cimetidine college need scholarships now Thunderbird spam filter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home