Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dorothy Emails from Oz

Our newly married Mrs. Abez was in Oman on Eid day and we missed her like madness: apparently she missed us too 'cause here's the Eid mail we got from her the next day. It seems Dorothy has flown off to Oz and Kansas isn't looking so black,white and boring anymore. Share the love, share the madness.

AssalamuAlaikum and Love to everyone

I've been trying to call but apparently no one has roaming (outgoing)
in their phones. Which is a nice way of summing up "Why the hibbity
dibbity can't I make phone calls from Oman?!?!" Bogus.

In any case, Eid mubarak to the family that can never, ever be
replaced. I miss you guys like mad. Owl and I have had Eids on
our own, but I've never had an Eid without some member of our family
circus before, and it's kind of lonely. Of course people are lovely
and accomodating, and one house even had sheer khurma, but where's the
German-chocolate cake and the Momma who baked it? Where's the sheer
khurma and my own Abbu to sneak it directly out of the bowl,at 3a.m.?

And my Owlie, I miss you. Enough said.

Zaman, you're a weirdo for all seasons, and that is enough said. (and stop
eating the top off the cake you bum!)

gtg, we're going out again and I just want to wish you all a huge Eid
Mubarak and love and love and more love. I miss you guys.

Love,
Abez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home